When we look at a person the eyes are the first thing we usually see. For women through the art of makeup, it is quite easy to accentuate the eyes and create a lovely look if you know how. As the old saying goes – eyes are the windows to the soul. Our eyes should look bright and clear but all too often they can reflect how tired and stressed we are not to mention our age. Below are some easy tips to hide tired eyes and with the right makeup strip bare band eyelashes, make them look fantastic.
Hiding Dark Circles Under The Eyes
Often dark under eye circles are caused by stress, poor diet, allergies or lack of sleep. Fortunately with the right cosmetics and the right tools it is fairly east to hide these dark circles.
Whenever working with the skin around the eyes take extra care as it is very delicate. First moisturise underneath the eye area to avoid the skin appearing dehydrated. If the skin is too dry it will enhance fine lines. Even oily skin needs to be moisturised first.
Choose a good quality concealer. A concealer is a must have item for the makeup kit. It comes in very handy to cover blemishes and dark circles but the trick is to use it sparingly. To hide dark circles apply it only to the darkest parts under your eyes (using it all over will draw attention to the area). After lightly blending it apply the tiniest amount of powder to set the concealer.
It’s best to use a colour that is slightly lighter than your foundation however if it is puffiness under the eyes you’re trying to hide then a slightly darker shade of concealer would be best.
Opening Up Your Eyes With The Use Of Mascara
No other makeup item is as effective as mascara. It is definitely a must have and is the icing on the cake when it come to making up eyes.
Mascara makes your eyelashes look thicker, blacker and longer. It opens up your eyes and makes them look glamorous.
All mascaras have a use by date. Mascara has an anti bacterial agent in it which makes it safe to use for about three months. After that your mascara could be a breeding ground for bacteria which could lead to eye infections. So don’t hang on to out of date mascara. You can usually tell by the way it smells and the texture which becomes thick and just doesn’t go on the same way anymore.
The best way to preserve your mascara and make it last is to apply it properly. Most people pump the wand in and out of the tube but this just adds air into the tube making the mascara dry up. Instead you should unscrew the lid and stir the mascara wand to load the brush. When you apply the mascara, start by wiggling the wand at the base of the lashes. It is the mascara placed near the roots not the tips, which gives the illusion of length. Then pull the wand up through the lashes, wiggling as you go. Finish by placing the wand on top of your lashes at the base and pull through to the tips to remove any clumps. Once your mascara has dried, do not apply any further coats as you will end up with thick and clumpy lashes.
Enhancing Your Eyes With False Eyelashes
For special occasions instead of using mascara on its own why not try false strip bare band eyelashes.
False xsnat are like magic really. They have the ability to enhance your eyes bringing out their natural beauty as well as making you look younger and creating a glamourous look. There are many different thicknesses and styles of false strip bare band eyelashes and once you perfect the art of applying them you will become hooked. Not all false eyelashes have that huge fake look about them, in fact these days they can be very subtle while still creating a nice thick lash effect.
Follow these application steps as the very last thing you do in your makeup routine.
1. Measure the lashes to the length of your own eyelid. Do this by placing the fake lashes on your eye as if you were going to apply them. Then snip the ends off so that they fit your eyes. If they are too wide, they will feel uncomfortable and look fake.
2. Using a good quality lash glue (it usually comes with the lashes) and put a small amount on the top of your hand. Gently run the edge of the lashes through the glue and wait 15-20 seconds before you apply it to allow the glue to get tacky.
3. Tilt your head back, pick up the lashes with your tweezers and place them just above your lash line. Make sure both ends are well stuck then once you have applied it keep your eyes closed for a minute or two to give the glue a chance to dry. Do the same for the other side. This gets easier with practice.
4. Once the glue has dried, add a small amount of mascara to both your natural and fake lashes to blend them together.
The Alluring Look Of Smoky Eyes
Smoky eyes are sexy and beautiful and easy to achieve if you know how. You can make the smoky effect light or dark. A common colour used in this look is black, however, you can use any colour brown, purple, green, whatever you like!
1. Conceal and powder all over and under eye. This is essential for all eye make-up as it forms the base and prevents your make-up from creasing and coming off.
2. Apply light-coloured eyeshadow all over your eyelid, from your eyelashes to your brow bone to help with blending.
3. Then take a dark shadow in a colour of your choice and, starting at the outer corner of the eye, apply the most colour to the outer corners, along the lash line, and up to the socket line. Now you need to blend blend blend, you don’t want to see where one colour starts or finishes!
4. Highlight your brow bone with any lighter shadow or shimmer.
Genevieve is a professional freelance makeup artist Brisbane with experience in all aspects of makeup application. Having worked in the fields of fashion, media and advertising, Genevieve has gained a lot of knowledge along the way which she loves to share with others. Being a makeup artist is not just a career but a passion for Genevieve who inherited a talent for art from her mother. Her mother is a very talented artist and taught Genevieve how to blend colours and create something beautiful from a blank canvas. Having an interest in fashion and glamour pushed Genevieve towards the art of makeup where she has thrived ever since, using the face as a blank canvas.
Genevieve strip bare band eyelashes in all special occasion makeup, fashion, theatrical and special effects makeup. Bridal makeup however is one of her favourites as it gives her a chance to be part of one of the most important day’s in a woman’s life. The excitement of the whole day and creating a special look just for the bride is what inspires Genevieve as a makeup artist. Wedding makeup Brisbane includes makeup for the bride, bridesmaids and mother of the bride.